is it just me, or are main stream songs getting more and more ridiculous?
(i confess i'm a sucker for cleverly written lyrics)
but seriously...who writes this poop?:
"Who cares if you disagree?You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So you dare tell me who to be?
Who died and made you king of anything?"
-Sara Bareilles
-Sara Bareilles
(who died and made you king of anything? thats kinda immature/childish and sounds pretty unitelligent sara)
"Should'a knownYou was trouble
From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open,
Why were they open?"
-Bruno Mars
-Bruno Mars
(must we repeat that her eyes are open? and say it completely different from the rest of the song? first off Bruno its just weird and second. don't ask us?! we don't know why her eyes were open?!)
"Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than f***in' perfect
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel like you're nothing
You're f***in' perfect to me!"
-Pink
(besides the uneeded F word, must you keep saying pretty pretty please? WHY?! we got it the first time and you didn't even have to say pretty pretty please in the first place...you just sound like a dirty mouthed 5 year old)
glad to get that off my chest...
and i hate to be a negative person, i know its a drag to read other peoples negative thoughts.
but these all came on this morning while i was chasing my child around old navy.
it just made me a little worried about our society lol
if you've ever seen Idiocracy you understand where i'm coming from hahaha....
I'm totally with you on this one. In general, mainstream music drives me crazy. I feel like there is no substance to the lyrics!
ReplyDelete-laughs- is it bad that I have no clue who those artist are aside from P!nk?
ReplyDeleteThe lyrics from 'Bruno' were something I wanted to fix, because it should have been "Should have known you WERE trouble" not was. -laughs- anyways, interesting.
I've been worried about society for a long time XD Mainly the schooling...
Oh my goodness, lyrics are so ridiculous sometimes. Seriously though, when I actually take the time to read them I am like WTF. So dumb. This rant made me laugh, I love you girl.
ReplyDelete