March 31, 2011

i've come to the conclusion...

that people probably think i'm nuts with my constant back and forth with facebook. 
so I'll tell you the  truth about it all, my thoughts behind my bi-polar internet habits.
it may be weird to hear coming from me, being a little out spoken, crude and a bit obnoxious that i have some pretty conservative thoughts about living my life.
not in the religious sense or even political but just the lifestyle my family and i live.
i wish i never had to use the internet, i honestly wish it didn't exist.
i don't like computers, phones, or even cars.
(that's why you'll never see me with a sports car, or even a smart phone those things just don't mean a thing to me) 
most things that make our lives so convenient i actually don't support.... such as microwaves and dishwashers. 
(i know that it may sound hypocritical because i USE alot of these things)
but society has made all of this necessary to live.
which brings me back to facebook.
its so hard to keep in contact with people without the internet :( i wish i could walk a couple miles and see a friend rather then facebook stalk...or instant message them...
but thats how society is these days.  
i teeter on the edge, with whats more important to me:  
keeping in touch with the world around me or preserving my personal ideals...

any who i know that sounds like me just rambling on, but there's my very long explanation of the matter lol.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what I would do without the internet or my phone. Well during the winter that is. Sometimes I disconnect from everything though. I don't use facebook much, I get tired of everthing about it. I can understand everything you've written. EXCEPT the dishwasher part. I haven't had a dishwasher for the last year and it has been a pain. I am kind of a clean freak, and I don't feel like hand washing gets the dishes as clean. Anywhoooo I hope I didn't offend you:S I love you paiiiiige

    ReplyDelete
  2. -laughs- I do not think you are crazy at all, I agree with most of what you have stated. Honestly, being on the internet, any website kind of just makes me depressed. I don't know why, and what's worse is I'm addicted to the computer-and internet- so it's rather frustrating.

    I understand your thoughts and feelings on modern technology and everything else actually. I personally hate using dishwashers. Maybe it's just because I have had terrible experience with dishwashers thus far but, they honestly never get the dishes fully clean. With hand-washing them I know I can get them clean and sanitized. As for microwaves, I prefer not to use them. Home made meals are usually the best, which is why the oven is GREAT. That and microwaving stuff makes it taste weird(to me).

    As for cars, smart phones etc. I get that too. I don't like cars, they scare me. I see them as a waste of money, not to mention death traps, which is why I don't plan on getting a car or drivers license anytime soon. I prefer walking or taking the bus.

    Smart phones and expensive computers-again I think they are a waste of money. Maybe it's because I am a simple person. I just don't think they are all that great. Smart phones have all these added applications/supplies to them and then it ends up that while those work great the actual function of the phone(talking) is usually terrible. So I really just think it's a waste.

    It's sad how technology and things of that such rule the lives of everyone today. Can you imagine if everything technology wise disappeared. People would be so lost I'm afraid they would not know how to function. That and I'm sure that without computers/cars/video games people would be so much healthier. (Physically and emotionally)

    ReplyDelete