April 13, 2010

A looonggg week!

            So its been a very very very long week. We had our weekly movie night, Trisha, Whitney and I. We watched "The Orphanage" the first scary movie i've seen since "One missed call" fortunately, it wasn't very scary just really weird. (we had to watch it in subtitles)
            On Saturday it was Kim and Haydns wedding :D It was such a cute wedding. I knew Kim all through 7th-12th grade and lovvve her, she is so cute and friendly. While Haydn i knew OF and maybe said hi to once or twice but he is SOO sweet. I'm so happy for both of them they are the cutest couple. it just makes it so much harder to wait for me and Blake's wedding..... I asked Kim if I could take a couple pictures a couple days before. (just to show you how cute there wedding cake was) 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Eariler before the wedding i had gotten a call from Megan, a girl I had grown up with. She had hired two different photographers but they both bailed on her and needed one asap. So I agreed. I was nervous to say the least. They were one of the nicest family's I've ever met and hilarious to be around. It was a very good experience and the first one I've ever gotten paid for :) woot! 
here are a few I took of the 'Olafssons. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Even though this was such a good experience and i had ALOT of fun doing this. I came to the conclusion this week that I'm not cut out for this professionally. I really love photography but I really put so much stress on myself to make it perfect that i don't have the confidence to do very much. So I think I'll stick to single portraits and babies, and just for fun. I feel like by doing this professionally I will squish out all the passion and enjoyment i have in my hobby. 

But as one idea for my profession fades, I got the good news that MATC hair school is really cheap. 
Its obviously not my first choice but its a better job then working retail at minimum wage. After, doing My FASFA sheet, it told me that i qualify for a Pell grant for 5500 dollars. Enough to pay for the hair school. Which is super nice and i could get it done in a couple months :D I'm looking into this now hopefully it all works out!!



No comments:

Post a Comment